Light, melt in your mouth cookies, with real maple syrup!
Maple Walnut Shortbreads
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1?2 cup maple syrup
- 1?2 tsp maple extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1?2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter, maple syrup and maple extract together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour until mixture is smooth. Fold in nuts.
- Roll pieces of dough into small balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookie just starts to brown.
- Cool. Dust with icing sugar.