Quick and easy to make, these cookies are thin and delicate, and taste like a soft brittle.
Oat Pecan Lace Cookies
- 1 cup pecans
- 1?4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1?4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop pecans and oats in food chopper or pulse in food processor until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in granulated and brown sugars and honey; whisk until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in nut mixture and flour until combined.
- Spoon by 1?2 tbsp onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, at least 2” apart. Smooth into circles with fingertip. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler or microwave. Use a pastry brush to coat half of each cookie with the chocolate. Makes about 3 dozen.