The rich taste and festive appearance make these cookies a crowd-pleaser.
- 3?4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1?2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1?2 cups flour
- 1?2 tsp cinnamon
- 1?2 cup shelled and chopped pistachios
- 1/3-1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Combine flour and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and zest together until pale and fluffy. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until dough can be pressed together. Fold in pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each into a log 1 1/2“ in diameter. Square off sides. Wrap in plastic and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove logs from fridge and cut each into 1?4” slices. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-18 until just starting to brown. Cool.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.