This particular wrap is tasty and easy to make.
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 ounces/114g turkey sausage (optional)
- 2 tsp oil (canola or olive)
- 2 ounces/70g grated cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- approx 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
- If using sausages, remove the casings and cook over medium heat in a frying pan, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. Line a plate with paper towels and remove sausage from heat and drain.
- Wipe frying pan clean, add 2 tsp oil and place over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add egg mixture and scramble until dry and cooked through. Turn off heat and add in cooked sausage. Mix until combined.
- Place one tortilla on each plate and divide the cheese evenly in a strip, in the centre of each tortilla, beginning at the top of the tortilla and ending about 1 inch from the bottom.
- Top the cheese with 1/4 of the egg/sausage mix, and then divide the salsa evenly over each of the tortillas.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up, then fold the sides in one at a time, to cover the centre.
- Makes 4 servings.