Cake, strawberries and kiwi on a skewer, topped with melted white chocolate, makes this dessert fun to assemble, look at, and eat!
Cake & Strawberry Kabobs
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- I cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- wooden skewers
- 20 whole strawberries, washed and stems removed
- 5 whole kiwis
- ¾ cup white chocolate moulding wafer
- piping bag (bulk barn)
- Turn oven to 325F. Grease a 9” round cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Separate eggs. In a medium size bowl, beat egg whites for one minute until they foam, then add cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form. While still beating add ¾ cup sugar 1 tbsp at a time until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with ¼ cup sugar and vanilla until thick and foamy. Fold egg yolks into egg whites. Gradually fold in flour. Pour batter into prepared cake pan until 2/3 full (use any remaining batter for cupcakes) and bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and continue to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut strawberries in half. Peel kiwis and cut into chunks similar in size to strawberries. When cake is cool, cut into 2” cubes. Alternate strawberries, kiwi, and cake on skewers, ending with a strawberry.
- Place white chocolate moulding wafers in a small bowl and melt in microwave. Stir every 30-40 seconds making sure the chocolate doesn’t burn. Pour into piping bag and drizzle over kabobs.