A fun dinner will get the kids excited and parents will be thrilled to make an easy, nutritious meal that everyone will love. Serve crisp veggie sticks on the side.
- 4 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 12 oz (375 g) frozen cooked meatballs (about 24)
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels (frozen or drained canned)
- 1 cup (250 mL) pasta sauce or 1/2 cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; sautee garlic and carrot, stirring, for about 2 min or until softened. Add beef broth. Whisk flour into milk and gradually stir into skillet; cook, stirring often, for about 2 min or until bubbling and thickened.
- Add meatballs and corn; gradually stir in pasta sauce. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 10 min or until meatballs are heated through and sauce is thick.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce along centre of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold up bottom of tortilla, then fold in sides to enclose filling.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Farmers of Canada.