A melt-in-your mouth meal the whole family will love!
Tofu Parmigiana with Lemon-Garlic Veggies
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-12 ounce package firm tofu (cut into 1/4” slices)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced?2 cups broccoli florets (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat over to 400 F. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and oregano. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Coat one piece of tofu in the egg wash, then coat with bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining tofu.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add coated tofu. Cook tofu slices until brown on one side and then flip and cook other side until brown.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil and garlic. Arrange a thin layer of sauce on a baking sheet. Arrange tofu slices in the pan. Spoon remaining sauce over the tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- ?While tofu is baking, heat oil on a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add garlic, stirring until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add zucchini and broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender-crisp, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.