These tacos are so packed with texture and colour, final touch is spiced avocado salsa the whole family will enjoy.
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless salmon, skinned and sliced into 3 equal portions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt, then more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium avocados (ripe but semi-firm), peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup small diced red onion, run under cool water to remove harsh bite and drain
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat. In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, coriander, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Evenly rub mixture over both sides of salmon (I placed the first one on the plate then began to stack the rest over it so the rub didn't all just end up left behind on the plate). Brush grill lightly with oil, place salmon on grill and cook, rotating once halfway through cooking, until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa.
- In a mixing bowl gently toss together diced avocado, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Break salmon into small portions and layer over center of tacos, add cabbage, avocado salsa and Cotija cheese. Serve warm.
For the salmon:
For the avocado salsa:
To assemble tacos:
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy