This versatile salad is simple to throw together and has wonderful textures and delicious flavours.
Apple Pecan Feta Spinach Salad
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 3 small gala apples or 2 medium, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (don't use the pre-crumbled stuff)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into thin strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- If using red onion, place slices in a colander and run under warm water for about 10 seconds, tossing once, to remove harsh bite. Drain well.
- In a large salad bowl toss together spinach, apples, pecans, feta, cranberries and optional bacon and red onion. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately after adding dressing.
- For the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a medium mason jar. Cover with lid and shake to blend well (or alternately just blend well in a bowl with a whisk).
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.