This is a beautiful salad made of colourful asparagus and carrot ribbons and drizzled with a quick citrusy homemade dressing.
Shaved Asparagus and Carrot Salad with a Creamy Citrus Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 to 5 asparagus spears, washed and dried
- 1 to 2 large carrots, peeled
- ettuce or salad mix
For the citrus dressing
For the salad
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots into thin ribbons. Arrange a handful of lettuce or salad mix onto two or three small salad plates, then top with the vegetable ribbons. Drizzle each salad with dressing; serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy Seeded at the Table.