Rich and delicious with very light spice. Serve with jasmine or basmati rice for the perfect winter meal. Reheats well.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 tbsp mild curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup rutabaga, peeled, 1/4” cubes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Place large skillet on medium heat, add vegetable oil and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute. Stir in curry paste and heat through for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and peanut butter until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash, potatoes, rutabaga and chickpeas in slow cooker. Add onion mixture and vegetable broth. Stir to combine.
- Turn slow cooker on low, cover and cook for approximately 4 hours. Stir in spinach. Cook for another 15 minutes, until spinach has wilted.
- Meanwhile, mix together yoghurt and lime juice. Set aside.
- Serve curry with rice, and top with light drizzle of yoghurt-lime mixture and coriander. Serves 6.