It was always a treat when Mum would make this mouth-watering dish. I’ve adapted her ” tried and true” recipe for the slow cooker with great success.
- 2 racks pork side ribs, cut into riblets
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season riblets lightly with salt and pepper, place on baking dish and put in oven. Cook ribs until lightly browned and some fat has rendered off, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set ribs aside, and drain fat from pan.
- Place pan over low heat and ‘deglaze’ pan with water to remove the goodness from the bottom of the dish. Reserve liquid.
- Place onion, ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, chili powder, lemon and ‘deglazing’ liquid in slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add ribs and stir to coat with sauce. Turn cooker on low and cook for 7 hours.
- Serve with favourite veggies and a whole pile of napkins!
- Serves 4.