If your kids love cauliflower with cheese sauce, they’ll definitely say yes to this incredible soup.
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Split cauliflower into large florets. Break several large florets into 2 cups worth of tiny florets and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add large florets to pot and cover with vegetable stock. Boil, covered, until cauliflower is tender. Cool.
- Using an immersion blender or stand blender, blend until smooth.
- Add tiny florets to blended mixture in pot and bring to a gentle boil until florets are tender.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve while hot.